Job Description and Person Specification:
Job Title: Clinical Service Manager
Location: Swords, Dublin
Reporting to: Chairperson, Fingal Counselling Service Management Committee
Fingal Counselling Service is a community based Voluntary Counselling Service providing professional counselling and psychotherapy to the people of the greater Fingal area.
We are recruiting a Clinical manager to coordinate and develop our counselling service. It is essential to have experience of Humanistic Counselling, management skills and working in an organisational setting. The successful candidate will be responsible for client assessments and engaging and supporting counsellors. Liaising with supervisors is an integral part of the role.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate high levels of professionalism, leadership and management skills. Close liaison with the Chairperson and the Senior Administrator will be an important part of the work. Some weekend work may be required.
Responsibility and Task Area
Service Management and Development:
- To manage clinical supervision for self and volunteer counsellors.
- To ensure that counsellor client work and supervision is in line with IACP requirements.
- To allocate counsellors to specific supervisors
- Plan, prepare and facilitate counsellor and supervisor meetings.
- To conduct risk assessments and implement risk management plans as appropriate
- Ensure supervisors reports are submitted and retained in line with Data Protection Acts, 1988-2018 and amending regulations
- Ensure all counsellors have appropriate up to date accreditation
- Manage all FCS referrals
- Maintain accurate and up to date knowledge of community level primary care health and social services including appropriate hospital psychiatric and emergency services, passing on all information to counsellors as needed
- To attend internal and external meetings as required by Management and providing clinical expertise where necessary
- Responsible for the management of volunteers and processes to deliver a community counselling service.
- Research suitable counsellor training workshops
- Lead with tasks associated with yearly intake of graduates
- Allocate supervisor to each graduate
- Allocate client work to each graduate
- Ensure all supervisor reports for graduates are submitted to the external appointee on time
- Ensure IACP membership for graduate is appropriate and up to date
- To carry out client assessments.
- To review the counselling waiting list.
- To oversee client allocation
- To ensure safeguarding procedures are adhered to.
- To ensure the service is delivered in line with IACP guidelines & ethical framework.
- To liaise with admin support as appropriate.
- To report to and liaise with the management committee regarding the delivery of the service.
- To liaise with the Senior Administrator in the set up and maintain appropriate record keeping systems in line with data protection requirements.
- To ensure service outcomes and outputs are effectively monitored and evaluated and prepare service statistics monthly.
- To manage counsellor hours as per FCS policy
Please note this job description is
intended to outline the main duties of the post and is subject to review and
updating. The job role requires flexibility in terms of delivery. The job role
may change as the post and service develops.
- Recognised qualification in counselling / psychotherapy
- Evidence of significant post-qualifying continuous professional development
- Membership of a professional body
- Min of 3 years post grad experience
- Experience of working in an organisational setting
- Experience of delivering counselling in a voluntary sector
- Experience of recruiting and managing Volunteers
- Ability to carry out assessments
- Ability to assess client’s needs and risks including those with complex issues
- Ability to manage a counselling service within financial constraints
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to maintain clear boundaries
- Strong team working ethos and team management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, colleagues and management, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to interpret data to produce reports
- Good organisation, project management and IT skills
Terms and Conditions related to the Clinical Service Manager
Contract type: Fixed-term for 12 months (Grant dependent)
Salary: €27.50 per hour
Hours: Part-time (17 hours per week) with flexibility – some weekend and evening work
The role is subject to receiving satisfactory references and Garda Vetting
A six-month probationary period will apply.
Please send CV together with a covering letter to:
Fingal Counselling Service
BASE Resource Centre
Please mark Private and Confidential
Closing date: 11th December 2020