Safeguarding Children Statement
- As a client, please be aware that the confidentiality agreement is limited when an issue on child protection arises.
- As a client presenting with abuse issues, you will be given 12 counselling sessions to enable you to work towards disclosure.
- Counsellors are mandated person and have a legal obligation under Children’s 1st 2015 to report any harm or abuse to Tusla.
- The act defines harms as
This covers single and multiple instances.
- Counsellors are obliged to pass on any information to Fingal Counselling Service’s Designated Liaison Person (DLP). The DLP will then decide if the case warrants further reporting to TUSLA.
- When an abuse issue arises, as a client you need to be aware that if the counsellor has been given the name of the alleged abuser this name will be passed on to the DLP.
- In the event that the alleged abuser is named and is deceased, the counsellor is still obliged to report the alleged abuse to the DLP.
- If you disclose that a report has already been made to the authorities, the counsellor is still obliged to report the alleged abuse to the DLP supporting the previous report made.
Data Protection Statement
Your privacy is important to us. Fingal Counselling Service aims to achieve the best possible standards of protection for all the data, including personal data, which it collects and processes. Fingal Counselling Service is committed to compliance with the requirements of the Data Protection Acts and the General Data Protection Regulations of May 2018. This privacy statement explains what personal data Fingal Counselling Service collects from you, through our interactions with you and through our service, and how we use that data.
Fingal Counselling Service provides Individuals, Relationship and Teen (+16) counselling.
Fingal Counselling Service fully respects your right to privacy, and will not retain or process any personal information about you without your clear permission. Any personal information which you volunteer to us will be treated with the highest standards of security and confidentiality.
Fingal Counselling Service only processes data about you which you volunteer. The data collected is used only to determine the most suitable counsellor for you in terms of your needs. This counsellor is then deemed a third party. The information given to the third party is done so with your consent. Any information which you provide is used by Fingal Counselling Service only in line with the purpose for which you provided it. Your personal data may also be anonymised and used for statistical purposes. Fingal Counselling Service requests, stores and processes the minimum amount of information necessary for providing a counselling service.
Your data will be processed by a member of Fingal Counselling Service. Data is held securely with appropriate access controls in accordance with Data Protection Requirements. In the case where an external referral is deemed more appropriate, your information will be forwarded to a third party only with your consent the consent of the client.
Should you have any queries or require any further information please contact us at 8902596 or email firstname.lastname@example.org